- The ITS Midwest Award Program was initiated in 2005 in recognition of the many activities occurring in our states that warrant a special honor. The ITS Midwest Awards Program highlights the major accomplishments our public and private sector members have made over the past year.
Each year one or more ITS projects
are chosen to receive the ITS Midwest Project of the Year Award. The
Project of the Year Award is based on merit and significance of the
project to the ITS Community. The ITS Midwest Recognition Committee
reviews all nominated projects. The Board then approves the
Recognition Committee's recommendation for the year's awards.
Winners are confirmed by ITS Midwest Board of Directors, excluding
nominators and representatives of nominated organizations. Winners
are honored at the ITS Midwest Annual Meeting.
More information on how to nominate a project for the ITS Midwest Project of the Year Award follows.
You can nominate a project provided:
- You are an ITS Midwest member.
A member may nominate his or her own organization/project.
- The Project took place in one of the four States of the ITS
A nominated project must have been primarily conducted in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky or Ohio and/or conducted by an organization headquartered in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky or Ohio.
- The Project is completed or has produced significant
results in the year before the Annual Meeting
For example, to be eligible for nomination for "Project of the Year 2017", the project should have reached completion in 2017 or, if not completed, have produced significant results in 2017.
If all of the criteria above apply, your entry qualifies for the "Project of the Year" Award.
Awards will be determined based upon project merit and significance and could result in multiple awards. Projects conducted by a private company but on behalf of a public agency (e.g., the agency paid for the project) are eligible.
Get the "Project of the Year" badge for your website
Did you win one of
these awards? Install one of our ITS Midwest "Project of the Year"
Awards Badges on your site!
Contact us at ITSMidwest.org for a selection of available images.
Finalists and Winners
- Project of the Year 2015: Illinois Tollway TIMS Smart Work Zone