News: 2010 Archived News Items
Transportation & Development Institute 1st Congress: CALL FOR ABSTRACTS (due April 20)
EVENT: The Transportation & Development Institute's First Congress
When: March 13-16, 2011
Where: Chicago, IL
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: Due Date April 20, 2010
The organizing committee of the 1st T&DI Congress would like to invite you to submit an abstract for the Congress. This conference will bring together transportation and development researchers, engineers, planners, designers, project managers, construction managers and contractors from around the world to discuss integrated strategies focusing on smart development and efficient multi-modal movement of people and goods to support the economic pulse of our nation and the world.
The Congress will have five main themes:
- Transportation Operations & Safety - multimodal transportation operations and safety, innovations in traffic operations and safety, work zone traffic, incident and special event operations, older driver and human factors, fatality reduction programs and strategies, and safety and operational effects of geometrics and congestion.
- Pavements and Transportation Materials - highway, airfield and off-highway flexible and rigid pavement materials, design, construction, rapid rehabilitation, analysis/modeling, laboratory and field-testing , performance, sustainability considerations and case histories.
- Advanced Technologies in Transportation Systems - with particular emphasis on automated and remote data collection and processing positioning technologies, pavement and bridge condition survey technologies, high-speed surface transportation systems, intelligent transportation systems, advanced transit systems, asset management methodologies, critical infrastructure protection, and sustainable transportation infrastructure.
- Airport Planning & Design - sustainable growth of airports and aviation systems worldwide with respect to the environment, operation, economics, LEED for airports, airport planning, airport safety and security, airport development case studies, and airport GIS and other emerging technologies.
- Development and Sustainability - the latest land use planning and development, including integration of transportation and development, new regulations, sustainability and financing with emphasis on the role of the engineer in all phases of planning and development.
The Congress will feature plenary and technical breakout sessions, a technical tour to a significant project in the Chicago area, pre-conference workshops, an exhibit hall where lunches and breaks will be, a welcoming reception and a Congress banquet where T&DI will present its awards for exceptional contributions to the transportation engineering and development profession. For instructions on submitting your abstract and updated conference information, please visit the Conference web site.
- The Transportation & Development Institute's First Congress - official web site
- See also the ITS Midwest Event Calendar